“Accelerate your plant innovation!”, the competition dedicated to start-ups by Végépolys Valley
With the 5th edition of its competition dedicated to startups, the Pole of competitiveness VEGEPOLYS VALLEY supports innovations that prepare the production and uses of the plant of tomorrow. From 10 September to 10 November 2020, French start-ups (less than 18 months or in the process of being created) can present their initiatives and try to win one of the 4 awards with €10,000 to €15,000 and operational and strategic support.
Production and uses: 7 innovation areas to explore
The jury will study the projects related to the 7 innovation areas in which the Pole is involved :
– 3 axes for competitive, quality crop production, respectful of the environment, the health of consumers and producers:
• Varietal innovation and seed and plant performance
• Plant Health
• New technologies and practices for production systems.
– 4 axes for the development of food and non-food uses of plants to improve quality, practicality, services, naturality:
• Plant for animal and human food; for nutrition prevention health, for well-being, health and cosmetics
• Plant agromaterials and biotransformation
• The urban plant.
On Thursday, December 3, the shortlisted candidates will benefit from a group coaching day during which they will prepare for the final stage the following day. On Friday 4 December, they will defend their project for a 5-minute pitch before the jury composed of experts and competition partners.
Financial support and a network mobilized to support the winners
The winners will be rewarded with 4 awards, endowed with grants of €10,000 to €15,000 accompanied by operational and strategic support from VEGEPOLYS VALLEY (free membership for 2021, dedicated space on the Pole stand during SIVAL 2021, communication services…).
The competition, financed by VEGEPOLYS VALLEY, Angers Loire Métropole and Clermont Auvergne Métropole, also plans specific follow-ups proposed by Angers Technopole, the network of Breton technopoles, Orléans Technopole, the BUSI incubator, the Biopôle Clermont-Limagne and the BIVOUAC, who will bring their expertise to the winners located in their respective territories.
Other partners (WE Network or Village by CA) will be able to complete the awards according to the profile and needs of the winners.
Online applications, to be submitted between September 10 and November 10, 2020